Baking soda is one of those products that everyone has in their larder. But other than the occasional baking session, it doesn’t get much use. Well, that’s about to change! Our home services Manchester team of cleaners have come up with some ingenious ways of using baking soda in your cleaning routine! It has no harsh smells or nasty chemicals, so you can rest assured it can be used around young children and beloved family pets.
- Banish lingering fridge odours. Smells such as fish, onions or garlic can linger and taint other food in the fridge. Use baking soda to soak up any strong and overpowering smells.
- De-stink fabric and upholstery. To remove any stinks, just sprinkle a layer of baking soda across the surface, leave for 15-20 minutes then just hoover away. It’s also perfect to use on smelly pet beds!
- Brighten your clothes. A simple cup of baking soda in with your laundry detergent will keep whites whiter. It will also make your coloured clothes pop!
- Freshen up garden/patio furniture. Wiping down any garden furniture with a baking soda and water mixture will freshen them right up. When it’s time to put the furniture away for the winter, add some baking soda into the bags or inside any pillows to keep that freshness.
- Scrub down your kitchen. Baking soda/water paste is perfect to clean down near enough every kitchen surface; countertops, microwaves, cookers and even cooking utensils.
- Deep clean your bathroom. If your bathroom tiles are starting to get covered with that dreaded mildew, just get a damp sponge and, of course, baking soda and give it a good scrub. If you’re finding your shower head is getting blocked up, then soak the head in a tub of warm water mixed with baking soda!
Home Services Manchester
We hope that these tips help keep your home smelling fresh this summer! But if you or someone you know needs any help with home cleaning or any home services Manchester, why not get in touch with one of our friendly team members today? Let’s see what Houseproud Home Services can do for you!